vrijdag 19 oktober 2007

Firestarter continued

The patters for the Firestarter tells me to do a provisional cast on, and make short rows with the wrap & turn method. The cast on went pretty wel, but the first wrap & turn did not go very well. I had holes in my toe:

I sent this toe toe the frog pond, did another cast on and started over, wrapping and turning and all went well. So I thought...
Until this happened:

BUT.. I really, really, really want those socks, so I went looking for another method of casting on toe up socks and I found a 'magic cast on' in Knitty. And look:

So far so good ;-) I've never done a sock on 2 circs, so I'm very curious if I can do this without any holes ;-))

If it works, I'm going to be so proud of myself :D

1 opmerking:

Henri√ętte zei

Ok, dan. Dat ziet er nog beter uit. Ik ben met de tweede sok begonnen, maar stiekem ook met een nieuwe. Dat moet ook een firestarter worden, maar dan andersom. Eh, een retratserif dus. ;)