maandag 21 april 2008

nip or nap? & Fiber

I'm growing a new herb on my balcony, it's called Cat nip:
But is has the tendency to get into a Cat nap:
So.. I'm stil pondering on how to get it right :D

Meanwhile things happen on the fiber front.
Danny came by last night and we had a nice evening of Spinning and Bitching. Not to be confused with Stitching and Bitching, thats toninght. :)

Anyway, see Danny spin:

The flying bobbin:
The result: on the left the Artis camel, on the right the unknuwn black sheep.

This was my spinning. I have some light blue roving and as long as I was spinning, it went ok, but as soon as the thread broke, I had a hell of a time trying to get spinning again. But for a first real attempt, it doesn't look too bad. This is my practice bobbin:


Well.. I'm looking forward to see this lady shed her hairs again:

Just a few more weeks, and I'll be looking for the zoo keepers to ask if they will save the fiber for me.

2 opmerkingen:

Nicole zei

I remember the older women spinning the wool when I was growing up in Croatia. It must be quite therapeutic.

kees zei

spin, danny, spin. see danny spin...