dinsdag 6 november 2007

The SnB day

I went to Rotterdam very early. I wanted to have enough time to shop. And shopping I did :D
Look here:

The Opal wool is only to show the size of my large (almost 500 grams) of wool. I don't know how many meters, but I think it's enough for a scarf or a bag. It's 100% wool.
I bought another big skein:
Again the Opal for sizing. This is 280 gramms of 100% wool. 100 gram is aprox. 400 meter...

My last yarn buy is this handspun goat:

Ca. 160 gramms, greasy, nice smelling wool. What to do with it besides fondeling? :D
I also bought some beautiful autumn-coloured roving:

Rather bold for a green-blue-purple-kinda- girl like I am, but I love this and I can't wait to spin it. But first I wil practise some more on some cheaper stuff, so I won't be too sad when I mess up ;-))
After my shift at the info booth where I was answering questions for 2 hours I went to the workshop Twinned Knitting by Kerstin Jöhnson. It was very complicated at first, but once you get the rithm of altering the 2 yarns and twisting them around each other ever other stitch, it went very nice.
Casting on is rather complicated, but that too went wel once you've got the hang of it. I bought her book, its in Swedish, but the pictures show you step by step how it is done. Here's a picture from the book and my first little steps of twinned knitting.
I'll put some mittens in my queue. I do have to finish some WIP's first but next year I'l be wearing very warm mitts.
I had a great day, a very late night afterwards. It was museumnight and Artis was open until 1:30 AM. I was giving guided tours that night, also very great, but tiring :-))
So.. lets count down for next years National Stitch 'n Bitch day ;-)

1 opmerking:

Andy Baker zei

Nice pictures. That first one looks like "Opal before adding water/ Opal after adding water." I'm glad you put the Opal there for comparison because I don't think the size would have read otherwise. Still a tiny bit jealous of that luscious, smelly, oily handspun. I'll have to get some next year for fondeling and we'll see what else.